Shared hosting is the most cost effective option for hosting a website. When we are talking about shared hosting plan, we are referring to a web server, which is partitioned in multiple accounts, where customers can manage their emails, websites and databases separately, but sharing the same server resources and the involved costs as well.
What to expect from a shared host?
A shared hosting plan offers you all the necessary tools to build, manage and grow your website. Whatever you build your site with a site builder, or you choose to install WordPress, Joomla or other content management system, on a shared hosting plan you can do all of those. Here you can also add databases, manage email addresses, forwarders and auto-responders and add domains to your account. Some companies will allow you to add only couple of domains to your account, others will give you the option to add as many as you want. Shared plans can vary from company to company, in both features and pricing.
Here is a list of features of a good shared hosting plan:
- Should cost less than $10 per month paid upfront for one year
- Offer a trial period with money back guarantee to test service
- Offer tools to build your website (site builder and script installation)
- Offer 24/7 technical support to help you out with any issue
- Allow you to host more than one website on one account
Top 3 shared hosting providers
#1 iPage Essential Plan
starting from $1.99 / month
#2 BlueHost Basic Plan
starting from $3.95 / month
#3 InMotion Power Plan
starting from $3.49 / month