Best SEO Tools and Tactics to Improve & Boost Your Website Rankings
In this article I will present you the most popular and useful SEO tools and tactics that will help you boost and improve your website. Using the tools and tips from the list below you will be able to improve Alexa ranking, website positioning in Google and other search engines, increase number of visitors and clients, increase revenue and more.
Here are some tips, tricks, and tools for search engine optimization that might help you with your website rankings:
- One of the most important elements of search engine optimization and search engine marketing is the human factor, a factor that you need to attract to your website using multiple and different creative methods such as creating useful and content, offering freebies or amazing products.
- The second most important element of the entire search engine optimization process is the search bot. Web bots such as Google Bot, Yahoo Bot, Bing Bot and others, need to have good access to your website’s content in order to index the pages. For humans you need to have a friendly design, friendly content, and friendly functions. Bots does not care about all this, but mostly about fresh and original content, friendly URLs, great website speed, etc.
- The Google SEO guide offering new extra tips and tricks regarding best SEO practices updated. You should always be up to date with the latest Google guidelines to know what changes to make to your website eventually and do not make any mistakes that can hurt rankings.
- It is a very good idea to check your website after broken and in-existent links using an online Broken Link Checker where you enter a URL a captcha code and then select if you want to get a report regarding distinct broken links only or report all occurrences of each dead link, a process that is slower than the first one. The last step using this tool is to press the broken links now and the report will appear showing the number of broken links, the broken link and where they are found.
- Another cool tool is the Duplicate Content Tool, where you submit your domain and you need to wait a few moments to load. It tries to find non-duplicate existing content but also content from Google Cache and PR dispersion, it checks for common default page error, for incorrect 404 pages and supplemental pages in Google index.
- You should also check for keywords using the Keywords Tracker that lets you search for synonyms, the lexical field of a word and the family of a word.
- Using Google Analytics for ads but also to research which keywords are popular and which one aren’t so you can focus the desired ones or Google Webmaster Tools to make Google Bot to index faster are only a couple of the Google Tools available for SEO. Another one is Google Adwords while Google Tag Manager is the newest one and it can really help you to manage tags from your website better.
- A very useful SEO tool is the SEO Keyword Tool available for free where you can write the website and multiple keywords or group of keywords separated by a comma and also you can choose where to make the query by changing the Google extension from co.uk to hu, no and so on. After you entered the asked information you need to wait a while and then a table will appear with the results containing the keywords, rank, search volume, trend, difficulty, opportunity, CPC, estimated visits and estimate revenue.
- Other pack of goodies are represented by WordPress plugins if you have your website created in WordPress like All in One SEO Pack that boosts your content, Google Analytics for WordPress for stats and for ownership, Google XML Sitemaps to create a proper XML sitemap for Google, Jetpack by wordpress.com for stats and Akismet that detects spams. If your website is created using other content management systems you can use look for similar plugins, extensions, add-ons or modules on the producer’s website.
- A very important part of search engine optimization is the Robots.txt file hosted on your root directory of your website where you can allow or disallow different internet browsers to access your website or you can block bots or restrict private folders.
- A good SERP tool is Google keyword rank checker, Allorank where you have free 15 SERP checks and where you can enter your domain, choose your country, your keyword and your language and then you can push the Start: get my position button and then you should receive the position showing even the result.
- In Firefox and in Chrome there are add-ons and extensions very useful for SEO such as SEO Doctor which helps you better optimize your website for search engines step by step, SeoQuake SEO extension that helps you to deal with search media optimization and search engine optimization.
- GTmetrix is a free tool that examines page speed and anything that impacts user-experience regarding SEO.
- The Web Developer Toolbar works with most browser (FireFox, Chrome) has tools used for SEO audits such as outline, resize, images, CSS, cookies, disable and so on.
- Hootsuite is a free social media tool related with SEO where you can log-in with multiple social media profiles and accounts such as Twitter and Facebook and you can engage influences but also ordinary users by scheduling tweets, posts, and replies.
- Wayback Machine from can resurrect a deleted and nonexistent web page showing a saved version of the searched website by date and from different sources such as Google cache, Yahoo cache and so on.
- Google Trends helps you to see the new trends over time being critical to follow the most popular trends and using keywords related to those specific trends.
- Moz is a suite of friendly marketing tools, most of the important ones being Open Site Explorer that is a backlink analysis tool offering metrics and link equity, Moz Local that lets you see the state of a company’s local citations, Mozbar which is a browser toolbar letting you to an easy and fast access to Moz tools, Followerwonk shows data on Twitter and SERP Overlay showing OSE metrics on individual search results.
Overview and Recommendation
It is obvious that when building a website you are doing it for humans. However it is not enough to have great design, functionality and content. Your site need to be accessible by search bots and web crawlers. By combining the above mentioned tools and tips, you will be able to improve your website’s metrics and rankings and gain more visitors. More traffic to your website means more income, so it worth paying more attention to SEO.
And finally, I would also like to draw your attention to the importance of web hosting. A website can have great SEO metrics, but without a reliable hosting service can quickly drop in search results. To avoid this, I suggest checking out our recommended hosting services and get yourself a hosting plan that can provide with with great speed, uptime and performance.