Making a Profit with Reseller Hosting
Reseller hosting plans are designed for companies or individuals who are planning to sell web hosting services under their own brand, but they do not have the possibility to invest in server infrastructure. This type of hosting is very popular among web design companies and online service providers, that offer digital products and instead of sending you to a third party company to host your site, they do it “in-house” as an additional source of profit.
What to expect from a reseller hosting plan?
Reseller hosting is very similar to a managed virtual private server, where you will get a hosting account with pre-installed software and server resources. The reseller plan usually comes with billing software that allows its owner to manage clients’ accounts and payments easily. Usually reseller plans are brandable, that means you can customize the way the control panel will look, add your company’s logo, create your own custom name servers and have your own dedicated IP address.
Here is a list of top features that a good reseller plan should have:
- Should come with an easy to use billing software
- Should come with a customizable and brandable control panel
- Should have the possibility to easily upgrade or downgrade plans
- Should offer option to resell domain names and SSL certificates
- Should offer uptime guarantee and around the clock online support
Top Reseller hosting providers
#1 InMotion Reseller
starting from $13.99 / month
#2 HostGator Reseller
starting from $19.96 / month