Pressidium.com offers secure, fast and reliable managed WordPress hosting through a number of fully-featured plans created to meet the demands of individual and business users alike. Although not as popular as other managed WordPress hosting providers, as we will see in this Pressidium.com review, its hosting infrastructure and hosting features are on par with those offered by big-name hosting providers.
Pressidium Company Overview
Pressidium.com may be one of the best kept secrets in the managed WordPress hosting industry and although it’s still in the process of gaining ground, it’s definitely among the best WordPress-specialized hosting solutions chosen by tech startups, media outlets, universities, digital agencies and Fortune 500 companies. Spanning the entire globe, the company has servers in Europe, North America, Japan, Southeast Asia and Oceania.
Headquartered in London, United Kingdom, Pressidium.com was founded in 2013 by a team of four experienced engineers and developers: Andrew Georges, John Andriopoulos, Giannis Zachariadis and Filip Slavik. The group envisioned the creation of a fail-safe, scalable and performance-driven managed WordPress hosting solution that is also secure and lightning fast.
Their efforts were met by success and in 2015 and 2016, Pressidium was awarded Top Tier WordPress Hosting Performance, outshining other popular managed WordPress hosts.
Pressidium Plans & Pricing
Similarly to other managed WordPress hosting providers (e.g. WP Engine), Pressidium.com charges based on the number of monthly visits. Each plan allows you to pay month-to-month or annually. Those who choose annual billing, are entitled to 20% off (4 months free!).
Only one of the 5 Pressidium managed WordPress hosting plans is designed for beginners (Micro plan), other plans are aimed at advanced users or businesses. Let’s see how each plan is configured and how much it costs:
The Micro plan is Pressidium’s entry-level plan aimed at beginners. It was designed for 10K unique visits per month and 1 WordPress install (standalone). This plan costs $21/month with annual billing or $24.90/month with month-to-month billing.
In terms of resources and features, here’s what’s included with the Micro plan: 5 GB HA SSD storage, unlimited bandwidth, SSL including full support for Let’s Encrypt certificates, PHP 7, staging environment, and 24/7 ticket & email Expert Support by DevOps engineers.
For an extra $10/month, you can enable Pressidium’s HTTP/2 powered CDN and you can add extra WordPress installs for $14.90/every extra install.
The Personal plan costs $42/month with annual billing or $49.90 month to month. This plan is configured for up to 3 WordPress installs (standalone) and 30k unique visits per month.
The plan packs double the SSD storage of the Micro plan (10 GB), unlimited bandwidth, includes PHP 7, SSL, staging environment, and Expert support. HTTP/2 powered CDN is also included for free.
The Professional plan includes up to 10 WordPress installs (standalone + multisite), unlimited bandwidth, 20 GB HA SSD storage, and all the other features included with the Personal plan.
This plan is designed for 500k unique visits per month and up to 25 WordPress installs (standalone + multisite). It comes with unlimited bandwidth offered with each plan, 30 GB HA SSD storage, PHP 7 or HHVM, CDN, SSL, staging environment, and Expert Support with dedicated account manager.
The month-to-month price of the Business plan is $299.90/month, while the annual plan comes down to $250/month.
The plan with the most resources is configured for up to 50 WP installs (standalone & multisite) and 1 million unique monthly visits. Albeit you’re charged double the price of the Business plan, you’re only getting an extra 10 GB of HA SSD storage. All other features of the Business plan are included in the Business Plus plan as well.
Those worried about going over the monthly limitations of their plans, shouldn’t be alarmed, because Pressidium does not charge for sudden increases in traffic and will not limit your website in any way. However, if your website constantly exceeds the limitations of your plan, you will be suggested an upgrade.
As you may have noticed, Pressidium does not offer email hosting, arguing that they don’t want to sacrifice quality over quantity in their endeavor to offer best-in-line WordPress hosting.
Pressidium.com also provides custom plans for enterprises that require transparent scalability, first-class DevOps support, and robust web hosting architecture.
Features & Value of Pressidium
Pressidium offers managed WordPress hosting at its finest through a multitude of security, performance related, and usability related features and tools. Without being exhaustive, here are the features that make Pressidium a worthy opponent of any managed WordPress hosting on the market:
- State-of-the-art infrastructure: the high-availability load-balanced servers are built for scalability and performance, and sustain all the advanced features needed for running any WordPress site;
- Full server management, DevOps, managed auto-updates & automatic backups: Pressidium undertakes the burden of managing your WordPress site at every level, so you can fully dedicate yourself to growing your business;
- Staging sites: with a click of a button you can preview you site, make changes and test features prior to going live. This is an extremely useful feature for developers;
- End-to-end managed security: Pressidium implements a set of security controls and defensive measures to ensure that your site in never compromised;
- Malware monitoring & removal: Pressidium’s platform proactively scans, detects and removes malware and fends off malicious attacks on an infrastructure level, without the need for customers to install plugins and resort to tweaks. Pressidium even undertakes to fix your site for free in the unlikely event your site is compromised;
- Managed Web Application Firewall (WAF): Pressidium rolls out a proprietary WAF, which focuses on securing your WordPress site;
- Bad-bots filtering: part of Pressidium’s security stack, this feature identifies and rejects this type of traffic, while allowing genuine search engines to index your site freely;
- Fully locked-down environment: security is ensured even against attacks from within, the fully locked down and chrooted environment is made complete by restricted permissions and dedicated server-side PHP execution pools;
- SFTP Service: enjoy the added security of SFTP, while accessing all your WordPress sites;
- High-availability web-scale SSD-based storage;
- Multi-tier 5-layer caching platform: includes multiple layers of security, load balancing and caching of systems;
- CDN integration: save for the Micro plan, all Pressidium hosting plans come with CDN included;
- PHP optimization: the super-charged Pressidium PHP processing time further enhanced site performance;
- SSL acceleration: offers a secured and accelerated SSL browsing experience;
- Custom control panel: easily manage all your WordPress websites with Pressidium’s simple interface that features usage and traffic analytics, one-click staging deployments, automatic and manual updates, cache management, plugin management, migration wizard, database administration through PHPMyAdmin, etc.;
- 95% service availability backed by SLA: for each hour Pressidium fails to meet the guaranteed service availability, customers will be credited 5% of their monthly fee;
- 60-day money-back guarantee;
- Free website migrations;
- Expert WordPress support.
These features prove that Pressidium is more than ready to undertake the wholesome management of your WordPress websites, covering all aspects of security, availability, backups and speed performance. All these hosting features come at prices comparable to other managed WordPress services, so you don’t have to dig deep into your pockets to benefit from a premium-level hosting infrastructure.
Pressidium Customer Support
Help and support is available through various channels including a keyword searchable knowledgebase, which is thoroughly documented and entries are broken down into different categories (e.g. backups, migrations, cache, WordPress, troubleshooting, etc.).
If the self-help support channel does not help you find a solution to your problems, you can contact Pressidium directly via mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, by submitting a support ticket or by contacting them via phone support.
Pressidium’s support team offers expert WordPress support thanks to the highly skilled technical engineers that lead the support team. Business and Business Plus subscribers will also get a dedicated account manager.
Apart from these, Pressidium also employs a number of proactive security and monitoring measures that operate 24/7 to ensure that your WordPress site runs smoothly and security threats are fended off.
Pros & Cons of Pressidium.com
Should Pressidium make the top of your list when looking for managed WordPress hosting? Let’s look at the pros and cons:
- Reliable & fast servers;
- 99.95% uptime guarantee backed by SLA;
- Great advanced WP features;
- Free CDN, SSL, and site backups;
- Strong security arsenal;
- Free website transfer;
- 60-day money-back guarantee;
- Clean and sleek control panel.
- No email hosting;
- Visits-based pricing system may not be to everyone’s liking;
- Not newbie-friendly.
Pressidium.com’s enterprise grade infrastructure was fine-tuned for WordPress. The galore of advanced features and high scalability meet the needs of professionals, small and large businesses.
Pressidium.com Review Conclusion
Hosting offered by Pressidium stands out through its versatility. Those looking for a scalable, performant and fail-safe hosting solution for their WordPress sites, will find an excellent service that thoroughly knows the ins and outs of WordPress hosting, and offers all the necessary features for a successful WordPress management. The generous 60-day money-back guarantee, flawless tech support, and SLA uptime guarantee are the icing on the cake.