How to Start a Web Hosting Company with a Reseller Account?
A good business idea is to create a web hosting company with a reseller account from a bigger web host company such as HostGator, in this case, you won’t need a lot of money, a big technical team or other resources. In this article I will talk about the benefits of starting a web hosting firm with a reseller account.
If you are a web designer or a web programmer you can add a new type of services to your design/programming packages for your clients adding hosting and maybe even domain name register. Additionally, you can create your own website using the same reseller account where you present your own hosting services. Using a reseller account means that you use the company’s technical team, support, and resources such as servers, antiviruses, firewalls, CMS, auto installer scripts, panels and so on.
One of the greatest benefits of selling web hosting under your brand using a reseller plan is that you don’t need a huge investment. You don’t have to worry about servers, power, network or any other aspect that a web hosting service provider have to deal with. You only have to focus on your clients.
Start Your Hosting Company Now!
Setup a reseller account with HostGator and start selling web hosting to your customers. HostGator reseller plans includes WHM billing software, resource allocation control, 99.9% uptime guarantee, award winning premium support and much more.
Doing the Research – Planning for the Future
If you really want to start your own web host company you should start by deciding what types of hosting you want to provide and you should answer the following questions:
- Do you offer the small, personal plans or the big ones, the business type? Or maybe even both?
- Will you use HDD or SDD?
- How much space do you offer?
- How much bandwidth do you offer?
- How many databases, domains and email accounts you offer?
- Do you offer Cpanel access or just FTP?
- Do you offer discounts based on fidelity or ads?
- How much will cost each plan?
- What ISP you will use or from where you buy a reseller account?
- How much the support and the commercial team will cost you?
- How much will cost the marketing strategies such as SEO, SEM, Facebook Ads, Google Adwords?
Choosing the Reseller Hosting Provider
HostGator offers five different reseller plans for your business starting with the Aluminium plan that costs $19.96 first term and $24.95 monthly and contains 50 GB disk space, 500 GB bandwidth and unlimited domains. Other plans are Copper with 80 GB disk space, 700 bandwidth, unlimited domains costing $27.96 first term and $34.95 recurring monthly; Silver that costs $39.96 first term, $49.95 recurring monthly with 120 GB disk space, 1000 GB bandwidth and unlimited domains, the next plan is the Gold one with 160 GB disk space, 1200 GB bandwidth and unlimited domains costing $59.96 first term and recurring $74.95 monthly and the last plan is the Diamond one with 200 GB disk space, 1400 GB bandwidth and unlimited domains at the cost of $79.96 and recurring $99.99 monthly.
At this moment, each plan has a 20% discount and you can even compare them on the footer section of the page seeing names, disk space, bandwidth, domains, first month and recurring prices.
Features and Resources
HostGator offers you a lot of features for your business and for your own clients such as:
- Flexibility which controls the overall resource allocation to fit your clients’ desires and needs.
- Scalability which offers you free and easily upgrades for your business even if grows.
- Privacy which offers personal space and you don’t need to publicize everything.
- Security which comes with a lot of technical methods to protect your data and your clients’ data.
- 9% uptime guaranteed so there won’t be any connectivity problems.
- Speed which helps your clients’ websites to load quickly without lags or loading errors.
- Money back guarantee for 45 days if you aren’t satisfied and you want to cancel your reseller account.
- Safe harbor certified.
- Free website transfers for up to 30 websites in case you already have a reseller account somewhere else and you want to move.
- 24/7/365 Monitor server status to see any available statistics regarding your visits, websites and bandwidth.
- 24/7/365 premium support via phone, live chat, email and ticket system.
- Automatic weekly off-site data backups.
- HostGator forum access.
HostGator also offers the following resources:
- Powerful tools you need in order to succeed.
- Unmetered domains for all your clients.
- Unmetered subdomains.
- Unmetered email accounts.
- Unmetered MySQL databases.
- Unmetered FTP accounts.
- Easy to use Control Panel: cPanel which contains file managers, domain managers, mail managers, SEO tools, security protections, logs, databases manager, builders and other options.
- Private Name Servers based on your main domain.
- Free WHM or WHMCS AutoPilot Client Management/Billing software.
- SideBuilder accounts.
- 4500 website templates filtered in more than 30 categories, 2 types and more than 10 designers.
- More than 400 video tutorials.
- Multi language availability.
- Password Modification.
- Account Creation or Termination.
- Brandable Client Panel.
- AWStats, Webalizer, Referrer, Raw Log Manager.
- Shopping carts.
- Image Galleries.
- Video Galleries.
- Scripts: Fantastico, Scriptaculous.
- CMS: WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, PrestaShop, OpenCart and so on.
- Web based file Manager.
- Hotlink Protection.
- Redirect URL.
- IP Deny Manager.
- Unlimited access to MySQL databases with phpMyAdmin.
- Programming languages: Perl, Python, PHP 5, CSS, HTML, JS, AJAX, SSL, CGI, FAST CGI, Ruby on Rails, Curls, CPAN.
- System managements with SSH Access and Cron Job Scheduling.
- FrontPage Extension
- Unlimited POP3 Email accounts with SMTP.
- Email access through Horde, SquirrelMail and RoundCube.
- Spam Assassin.
- Email Aliases.
- Mailing lists.
- Mail Forwards.
- More than 70 gTLDs and ccTLDs to resell.
- Backup software R1Soft.
- SSL Certificate.
Benefits of Running your Own Web Hosting Company
After you started your own web hosting company you will begin to see the benefits of this business:
- Selling domains under your brand.
- Sell hosting under your brand.
- Set your own pricing.
- Sell reseller accounts.
- No setup fees or hosting fees for your own websites.
- You are your own boss.
- You can manage your time as you wish.
There is also a great responsibility when hosting your clients’ websites. It is true that you don’t have a boss and you can set your working time, but also remember that you should be always be available for your clients.