Australia is a big country with more than 23 million citizens who are connected to the rest of the World mainly via submarine data cables. These cables lie on the ocean floor but installing new ones may cost several hundred million dollars. That is the main reason why Australia has a weaker connection to other continents.
Obviously, there are other media types to transfer the data; the most up-to-date one is the satellite connection where the data is transferred by using a chain of satellites. You may wonder why submarine data cables are used in the era of satellites, but there are few key reasons to do it:
Limited bandwidth: There is a huge difference between bandwidth; while satellites forward Gigabytes of data every second, cables are able to forward a thousand times more, Terabytes of data every second. Satellites occupy only a couple of GHz of radio spectrum so a single data cable can forward the data amount of almost all of traditional satellites.
Latency: Latency is also a big problem when we use satellites: there is a big physical distance between the Earth ground and satellites, which means a delay in communication and data forwarding.
If you live in Australia and want to serve international customers, your visitors may experience slower website load times because of weaker connection possibilities. It is worth to use an international web hosting company to serve your clients.
Hostinger is an EU based web hosting company which has data centers around the World. The nearest data location for Australian customers is located in Singapore, so you can choose it as your website’s host.
Why do Australian Customers Choose Hostinger?
Hostinger has many advantages to be one of the most recommended hosting providers, but we can highlight the best ones:
- Cheap prices: Hostinger is well-known as one of the cheapest providers of web hosting industry. Its entry-level hosting packages start at $0.80/month.
- Easy-to-understand product line: You can’t find tens of hosting offers on Hostinger website. Many other companies sell the same service under different names but this company has an entry-level service for starter websites, cloud hosting for advanced users and VPS hosting for big sites.
- Reliable and strong company background: Hostinger was launched as 000webhost.com and offered free storages in 2007. The current company name was established in 2011 and Hostinger welcomed the 10 millionth customers in 2014. Nowadays it has over 29 million customers and this number grows every second.
- 99.9% uptime: Hostinger guarantees the 99.9% uptime (maximum 1 minute 26 seconds downtime a day) but the experience shows a better 99.99% (maximum 8.6 seconds downtime a day) or in some months 100% (no downtime) uptime. You can be sure that your website will be available all day.
- 24/7 chat: The professional chat is available 7/24 even for cheapest entry-level packages. You can reach the customer support via live chat or email and the company is active on different social media platforms, including Twitter, Google+, Facebook and LinkedIn.
- 30-day money-back guarantee: In case you are not satisfied, you can get back your money within 30 days of the date of purchase. Some special products are non-refundable, including domain name renewals, privacy protection or G-Suite. However, these restrictions are very similar to industry standard, add-on services are rarely refundable anywhere.
- Free domain name: A free domain name is included into hosting packages if you purchase any of them for at least a year. The only amount you should pay in such cases is the fee of Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN), which costs $0.18/year.
- Unlimited bandwidth usage: You will get an unlimited usage of bandwidth for almost all of hosting packages. This means that until you don’t risk the server stability with illegal actions or huge server load, your bandwidth usage won’t be limited.
- Versatile payment options: Hostinger is a rare kind of web hosting company, since it accepts Bitcoin payments as well. Apart from it, you can pay your hosting packages or other services with PayPal, Visa, Discover, Maestro, MasterCard, American Express, JCB or Diners Club cards.
- Easy website builder: You get a free website builder for your hosting package which is ideal to build up your site quickly and easy. By using the drag and drop elements you can create your responsive site without a programmer.
- Up-to-date server environment and state-of-art hardware: You can use the well-known and newest technologies at Hostinger, including PHP 7, Nginx, GZIP compression, HTTP/2 and IPv6. Spam and hack protection is also utilized on packages, which are served by the newest hardware elements.
- Detailed tutorials and knowledge base: Hostinger maintenances a big tutorials section where you can find new articles continuously. There you can read server and hosting related how to articles, as well as tutorials of most used internet software like WordPress, WooCommerce, PrestaShop and more. The knowledge base section tells you everything you should know about Hostinger products and services.
- Domain registration: However hosting is the primary service at the company, Hostinger also provides domain registration to you. You can choose classic TLDs like .com, or the newest domain endings like .xyz or .online.
Hostinger is also on our list of best WordPress hosts in Australia.
Hostinger Hosting Plans
The entry-level hosting solution of Hostinger is called Web Hosting and comes with 3 different packages:
- Single Shared Hosting: this package is ideal for a single site and provides you 100 GB bandwidth. You can add a single email address for it. It starts at $0.80/month (regular price $5.99/month).
- Premium Shared Hosting: this package almost doesn’t have limitations, you can assign and unlimited number of websites to it and you can use the bandwidth without limits. Two times more server resources and weekly backups are also included. The package starts at $3.49/month (regular price $11.95/month).
- Business Shared Hosting: this package contains all services that the Premium does, plus you will get 4 times more server resources, daily backups and free SSL certification as well. It starts at $7.95/month (regular price $15.95/month).
cPanel in used for all Web Hosting packages as control panel. Its license fee is already included in the above mentioned prices.
If you need more strength, Hostinger provides you managed Cloud Hosting packages. They arrive with cPanel, a free dedicated IP address, unlimited bandwidth usage and daily backups. There are 3 packages available:
- Cloud Startup: the smallest package gives you 40 GB storage, 3 GB RAM and 2 CPU cores and starts at $15.90/month (regular price $29.00).
- Cloud Professional: the middle package provides 80 GB storage, 6 GB RAM and 4 CPU cores and starts at $31.80/month (regular price $58.00).
- Cloud Enterprise: the biggest package comes with 160 GB storage, 12 GB RAM and 6 CPU cores. It starts at $71.55/month (regular price $130.00).
The more robust hosting type at Hostinger is VPS Hosting what is available in 6 versions. The smallest package starts at $4.99/month and provides you 1 GB memory, a 2.4 GHz CPU, 20 GB storage and 1 TB bandwidth usage.
Is Hostinger good for Australians? The answer is YES. There is a Hostinger data center in Asia so your international customers can be served from a near location to you. The company also has strong fundamentals and very good prices.
The hosting services are robust and the support team gives answers for any king of customer needs. Hostinger also support Bitcoin and accepts a wide range of credit cards. Just choose the hosting package that is suitable to you and serve your domestic and international clients the better way!