HeartInternet.uk is a UK-based hosting provider that also offers domain registration, SSL certificates, email hosting, website security, email marketing, and reseller hosting services. HeartInternet.uk offers competitive prices and multiple hosting plans across all hosting categories, but is it a serious contender for best-in-line hosting? Our HeartInternet.uk Review will provide an answer to this question and more.
HeartInternet is one of the biggest reseller hosting companies in the UK, serving UK and European markets predominantly. It was founded in 2004 by a group of top employees who left Webfusion to start their own hosting company. Today, HeartInternet – alongside other brands such as 123-Reg – is part of the Host Europe Group, one of the largest privately-owned hosting companies operating in Europe.
Heart Internet Plans & Pricing
HeartInternet offers cloud-based shared hosting under four different plans:
- Starter Pro (for simple, small informational websites): offers hosting for a single website, 5 GB web space, 30 GB monthly bandwidth, 1,000 email accounts. Costs £2.49/month + £10 set up fee;
- Home Pro (for blogs, small business websites, database-dependent sites): hosting for 1 website, unlimited storage, unlimited bandwidth, 10,000 email accounts, unlimited MySQL databases, 1-click WordPress install. Costs £8.99/month;
- Business Pro: accommodates up to 3 websites, provides unlimited everything – storage, bandwidth, email accounts, and MySQL databases, 1-click WordPress install. Costs £12.99/month;
- Reseller: this plan builds on the Business Pro plan with the difference being that it allows you to host unlimited sites. Costs £29.99/month.
Customers can choose between Linux-based hosting and Windows-based hosting.
Apart from cloud-based shared hosting, HeartInternet also provides so-called Premium hosting with server-level performance and dedicated resources for demanding websites:
- Base: suitable for websites with up to 375,000 monthly visits, offers hosting for unlimited websites, 99.99% uptime SLA, 50 GB SSD disk space, 4 GB dedicated RAM. Costs £29.99/month;
- Plus: this plan can handle up to 750,000 monthly visits, includes hosting for unlimited websites, 99.99% uptime SLA, unlimited SSD disk space, 8 GB dedicated RAM. Costs £49.99/month;
- Pro: suitable for websites with a traffic load of up to 1,500,000 monthly visits, it can accommodate unlimited websites, includes 99.99% uptime SLA, unlimited disk space, and 16 GB dedicated RAM. Costs £119.99/month.
HeartInternet has three hosting plans optimized for WordPress sites:
- Home Pro (for £8.99/month): includes hosting for 1 website, unlimited web space, unlimited bandwidth, 10,000 email accounts;
- Business Pro (for £12.99/month): includes hosting for 3 websites, unlimited web space, unlimited bandwidth, unlimited email accounts;
- Premium Hosting (£29.99/month): hosting for unlimited websites, unlimited storage, unlimited bandwidth, unlimited email accounts.
These WordPress optimized hosting packages come with powerful WordPress plugins pre-installed including inSites, Jetpack, and Akismet.
HeartInternet VPS hosting is represented through 6 configurable hosting packages. Customers have the option to choose between HDD and SSD storage, and several operating systems including Windows and CentOS. VPS plans cost as low as £14.99/month and prices go as high as £89.99/month. In terms of resources, customers can get up to 8 vCPU, 400 GB HDD storage, and 16 GB memory.
Dedicated hosting is also featured among HeartInternet’s plans, with the entry-level Value Range plan costing £49/month (Intel Xeon E3-1225v3, 8 GB RAM, Up to 2x2TB RAID 1 (Software), and up to 1 Gbit/s Bandwidth). The most robust dedicated server at HeartInternet costs £129/month and includes Intel Xeon E5-2420 x 2, up to128GB RAM, up to 4 x 1TB SATA RAID 1 (Hardware), and up to 1 Gbit/s Bandwidth.
You can customize your dedicated server with a range of add-ons like cPanel or Plesk control panel, increasing bandwidth and adding an SSL certificate.
HeartInternet.uk Hosting Features
HeartInternet’s hosting plans cover the needs of most websites, small or large. Its best hosting features can be summed up as follows:
- Access to 79+ popular apps installable via one-click installs: Joomla, Drupal, WordPress, osCommerce, OpenCart, PrestaShop, Moodle, etc.;
- 30-day money-back guarantee;
- Choice of Windows-based and Linux-based hosting plans;
- eXtend proprietary control panel with shared hosting plans, choice of cPanel or Plesk with premium plans;
- Hosting plans with unlimited bandwidth and unlimited storage;
- Multiple programming languages supported (e.g. ASP, Perl, Python, PHP, Ruby, etc.);
- 24/7 in-house, UK-based customer support;
- 99% uptime SLA with VPS and dedicated servers;
- Several add-ons including SSL certificates, StopTheHacker website security protection, etc.
HeartInternet Customer Support
HeartIntenet are not renowned for their customer support, however, support is available 24/7 through their online ticketing system. Their live chat option is limited to answering sales questions. A UK phone number is also available on their site, but it’s not clear whether it’s a support channel for technical issues or sales issues.
The HeartInternet website has a Support Database section with guides and articles grouped in different categories.
Pros & Cons of HeartInternet.uk
HeartInternet is a mature UK web host that offers a wide range of hosting services and affordable prices. As a summary of our HeartInternet review, here’s the good and the bad of HeartInternet:
- All hosting types represented through multiple hosting packages;
- Good pricing on all hosting levels;
- Choice of Windows and Linux-based hosting;
- 99% Uptime SLA with VPS or dedicated servers;
- Plans with unlimited bandwidth and disk space.
- Poor, unreliable support (lots of bad reviews about support);
- Downtime issues;
- £10 set-up fee for Starter Pro plan;
- No migration service.
HeartInternet.uk Review Conclusion
HeartInternet can be a good option for those looking to launch a UK-centric website or those who are looking for UK-based web hosting, but based on accounts by several customers’ ratings, HeartInternet has some reliability issues when it comes to availability. Likewise, its customer support is not a favorite feature among customers, but affordable prices and well thought out plans may counter some of the drawbacks associated with poor customer support experiences.
If unblemished website availability and prompt customer support are among your top priorities when choosing a web host, HeartInternet may disappoint you. All in all, if you’re looking for plan variety at affordable prices and UK based hosting, HeartInternet is certainly an option to consider.