eHost.com: How to Switch from Website Builder to cPanel Hosting?
You can’t decide which plan to choose from eHost.com? Should you pick the Website Builder or should you choose the cPanel hosting plan? What if you already signed up and choose the Website Builder? Can you switch from Website Builder to cPanel? The short answer is YES! But let me explain the details before you start the switching process.
In our eHost review we’ve covered the differences between the two plans. We wrote about the pros and cons of the two plans and did an overview on which plans should someone choose.
If you are a beginner, just starting with your first website, and have no clue on how to setup a CMS or how to point your domain to a server, you should use the eHost Website Builder.
If you have some experience with web hosting and website building and want to build your website on WordPress or other type of content management system, eventually you can code a website in HTML or PHP, you should choose the cPanel hosting plan.
Well, if you choose the wrong plan, you can still switch from one to another.
Note: you have to do these steps within the 45-Day money back period. You need to backup your website before going further, if you want to save the content.
Here is what you should do:
- Login to your eHost account and click to the “Support” menu
- Choose the support channel you prefer – chat, phone, email – we recommend the chat support
- Choose to talk to the Billing support
- Once you are in touch, explain them that you purchased the Website Builder plan, but it is just not what you expected and want to switch to cPanel. Ask for a refund. – If you are within the 45-Day money back period, you will get a full refund on your hosting plan. Please note that the cost of additional services or free domain name will not be refunded.
- The support agent might be able to help you right away or forward your refund request to a supervisor. This process might take couple of days.
- Once your refund request is confirmed, you can go ahead and sign up for a new cPanel account. You might need to use a different email address.
- Once your purchase is completed, login to your new account and click on “Create New Website”
- This time choose the cPanel hosting plan.
I hope this quick tutorial was helpful to many of you. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to leave a comment below, or you can contact eHost’s support anytime.