Overview of ContentSpeed eCommerce Platform
If you need to launch an online business or just to give your offline business an online face you can use a simple eCommerce platform: ContentSpeed. This CMS boosts your web pages speed. It also lets you to create, import, delete and edit products and articles as you wish.
In the next part of this article I will present and review the ContentSpeed eCommerce platform. Will go though the available plans and pricing as well on offered features.
Packages available at ContentSpeed
The first package is the StartUp, which allows you to open an online store in 3 minutes. It has a wide range of features:
- responsive design & SEO friendly optimization
- marketing ready with different promoting tools
- cloud hosting
- more than 30 payment methods and 6 couriers
- and of course technical support
You can customize your design using concepts, content and images being available for all types of devices and having a color scheme from where you can choose the color you like.
The website is easily manageable and accessible for everyone and everywhere. So you can easily add products, authors, editors, users, categories and so on.
The second package is the Premium one. This comes with the following features:
- completely custom developed responsive layout
- more than 400 online stores
- premium custom developed solutions & cross-channel marketing
- enterprise resource planning (ERP), customer relationship management (CRM) and eCommerce warehouse management system (WMS)
- PCC and AdWords, e-mail marketing, Facebook Ads
- SEO, Content marketing and newsletters
The last package is the Enterprise version. It comes with multi-store solutions, business to business (B2B) portal and also has the features from previous packages: StartUp and Premium.
There also four payment plans:
- The first plan is Silver, where the monthly billing is €35. You can add 300 products, it has 1GB storage included and 24/7 support.
- Gold plan costs €55 monthly and you have 5 GB storage and you can add 3000 products.
- Platinum plan comes with 10.000 products and 10 GB storage at €125 monthly.
- Diamond plan costs €175 monthly and you can add 20.000 products having 20 GB storage included.
Additionally, you can select the yearly billing the prices being €378 for the Silver plan, €594 for the Gold one, €1350 for the Platinum and €1890 for the Diamond.
You can try out ContentSpeed for free if you sign up for a 14-day trial period. If you are looking to purchase this software for building your online shop, I highly recommend trying it out first, to see if this is the platform you want to use.
How to use ContentSpeed?
After you bought the selected package using one of the plans, you will able to go to your ContentSpeed Dashboard panel by adding to your website’s domain name /cs-admin, for example, http://yourwebsite.com/cs-admin where you log in with your e-mail and password.
Here you can see in a black/ white dashboard with a sidebar in the left which has admin menu. You can expand the menu if you want and you can see the first item which is Clients/ Orders. This item has various other sub-items such as
- Contact requests
At the Orders item you can see a list with orders together with the order, ID, ordered product, client, value, date, Status and Action buttons such as:
- edit, view
- change status
- see the invoice
- see delivery information,
- see history
- create invoices, etc.
Also, here you have a search feature where you can search orders after ID, client, status and date.
At the Alerts, you can activate, delete, search or pause an alert. If there is an alert you can see its number, name, e-mail, product, the wished price, status and so on.
At the Wishlist tab, you can export wish lists or abandoned shopping carts. The information for each wishlist includes:
- id, number and description
- the number of products
- client and email
- date of creation and last edit
The Clients tab is represented by a list of clients where you can see id, name, email and address, the number of orders, user group and action buttons such as edit, personal information, and history.
Here you can also search a client after name, email, address or phone number.
In the Groups tab, you can create new user groups or edit/ delete the old ones, but you can also search a group after a keyword.
The Contact requests page shows the id, number, email, status and date of creation, product and action buttons: edit, delete, print, and history; for contact requests about a specific product from your website.
You can also search one after keywords and date.
The next primary item is Catalog Management where you can add, edit or delete:
- products, categories, attributes and versions,
- technologies and manufacturers,
- authors, brands, editors,
- rules for discount
and much more by using the sub-items available here.
The Marketing tab helps you to create promotions, packages, discounts, feeds, coupons, discount of the day, manage newsletter and see email recipients or newsletter subscribers.
At the Reports tab, you can look after reports about sales, orders or wishlist and you can even see charts and tables for a better view of your business.
At the Imports tab, you can use sub-items to import product at promotions, import versions or import product using XLXS or CSV.
At the Website Management item, you can edit, add or delete extra options for your website such as email templates, promotions, banners, articles, comments or templates.
At the last tab named Users and Settings, you can change and see :
- website basic settings and administrators
- payment methods, deliveries
- administrator activities, roles, tracking codes, cache settings
- company information, and exchange rate
At the right top part of the dashboard, you also have a link for the frontend of the website. There are also icons for notifications and opportunities. Here you can see an add button for products, categories, brand, promos, clients, and orders.
Additionally, there is available a quick menu for account details, payment status, used resources, reporting a problem or log out. The last button is for manuals which help you put the website in order!
Wrapping it up!
So, if you want a quick, content based eCommerce Platform you should use ContentSpeed CMS. You can create a nice and beautiful store which can easily be managed even by non-technical persons and where clients don’t get lost at all between products and other pages.
Alternatives to ContentSpeed eCommerce
ContentSpeed is a great tool and many websites rely on it, however it is a bit pricey and is only popular in Romania. If you are looking for a cheaper solution to get started with your online shop we recommend getting a self-hosted eCommerce site. Will explain how:
- Get a reliable web hosting service – we recommend InMotion hosting
- Install WordPress to your website and setup WooCommerce (it is open source, easy and free to use)
- Get a professional WooCommerce theme and start uploading your products
At InMotion Hosting, you can purchase a cheap business plan for the start and upgrade as your website grows. The benefit of using this method instead the ContentSpeed platform is that you will save a lot of money while you can add as many products as you like right from the start.
Build Your Shop with InMotion!
Setup your WooCommerce online shop at InMotion’s WordPress optimized hosting plan and get a free domain name!