Best Hosting for WordPress Websites with 5000 Daily Visitors
Are you looking for a good hosting plan to fit your website’s needs? If you own a website, one that is using WordPress, then you’re reading the right article. In here, we’ll talk about 3 of the best hosting plans for WordPress sites that have around 5000 daily visitors.
As you can see, this article isn’t meant for starter websites, who have way less visitors. If you’re only just beginning, it’s best if you check other sources for hosting plans that go well with smaller websites.
Now, the first thing we need to know, is what kind of hosting goes best with a website that has around 5000 daily visitors?
Ideal Hosting Service for a High Traffic WordPress Site
There are many hosting possibilities online that you could choose from. For example, here are only some of them: shared hosting, VPS hosting, Dedicated hosting, Managed WP hosting, Reseller hosting and other versions too.
The most popular hosting service that most people like is called Shared hosting. Every hosting company offers this service. But is it good for your needs? The short answer is NO. Read on, to know why is that the case.
Shared hosting is good for smaller websites that don’t have too many daily visitors. If you have around 5000 daily visits on your site, shared hosting will hardly manage to deal with it. The reason behind this, is the process used by shared hosting to manage a website.
Basically, every website that is using shared hosting, is taking use of limited resources. That is because, a shared hosted website is sharing the available resources with other websites on the same web server. Simply put: the available resources are being split up among the users of a single web server. And because of this, it’s hard to manage 5000 daily visitors for a website.
But now that you know why shared hosting isn’t good for you (for a bigger site), which hosting service should you choose? There could be many choices, but the best is called VPS hosting. Now, we’ll see why:
VPS stands for Virtual Private Server. The name speaks for itself: basically you have your own private virtual server to be used only for your website. You don’t have to share the resources with others like with the previous version of hosting.
But does this mean that you have an entire server just for yourself? No, it doesn’t work like that. With VPS hosting, you basically rent a portion of the server just for yourself. For a WP site that has around 5000 daily visitors, that is all you need.
Dedicated hosting is what gives you an entire server just for your personal use. But at this point, you don’t need such resources. VPS is just enough. Later you’ll see why.
I mentioned that we’ll talk about 3 of the best hosting plans for WP websites with 5000 daily visitors. All 3 of these plans will be managed VPS hosting services. We’ll cover 1 for 3 different companies, to give you a good chance at picking the right candidate considering your needs.
It’s important that they are managed plans, because this way, all the server management (backend work) is done by the company. This way, you don’t have to possess a lot of technical knowledge, to be able to host your website.
Without anything else to point out, let’s move on, and talk about our first candidate called InMotion Hosting:
1. InMotion Hosting
InMotion is a leading web hosting company that offers many hosting capabilities. But in this article, we’ll only see what kind of VPS hosting it offers.
Just like most other companies, InMotion is also making available 3 different managed VPS hosting plans. First, I’ll list some of the features that are included no matter which plan you choose:
- cPanel – this is the industry standard control panel used for hosting a website. It’s good to know that InMotion works with it, so you don’t have to worry about complicated website management.
- Support for many web applications like WordPress and Magento. This is great news, because you own a WP based website.
- No downtime during website transfer. Since you have a site with thousands of visitors, this is important to look out for.
- SSD drives for all servers. This is of utmost importance when we talk about web hosting, no matter its type. SSD storage is even 10 and 20 times faster than traditional HDD storage. If you want fast loading times, you must look for a web host who is offering this feature.
- Optimized WordPress configurations for more traffic and better website performance.
Now, let’s take a look at one of the VPS plans they offer:
VPS – 1000HA-S: This is the first and most affordable VPS hosting plan from InMotion. The price is $27.99/month, if you pay for 2 years upfront. On a monthly basis, it costs $39.99. What will you get for this price? Let me tell you, that a lot of features and resources are included in this package. But let’s elaborate a little:
- First, you receive 75GB of SSD storage just for your website.
- To make it run fast and efficiently, they give you 4GB of RAM, and 4TB of bandwidth. This bandwidth will easily let you work with 5000 daily visitors.
- A free SSL certificate is also included for safety reasons.
- Free domain name, if you pay for at least 6 months ahead.
- Unlimited email accounts.
- 3 dedicated IP addresses.
- Support for unlimited websites.
The second and third plan will give you even more resources, but for 5000 daily visitors, this is more than enough.
HostGator is an American company well-known for its hosting services on an international scale. They market themselves as a cheap hosting provider with great services. And that is totally true. They have very competitive prices for many hosting plans (especially shared hosting), that come with useful features.
Now, we’ll take a look at the VPS hosting they make available. Just like our previous candidate, InMotion, HostGator also comes with 3 separate plans for VPS hosting. But in this company’s case, we’ll cover what the second plan has to offer (not the first one). The second plan is the best if you look at pricing and features, in other words it is the most reasonable out of the 3 plans.
This plan is called Snappy 4000 and it’s the one recommended by HostGator itself. You can purchase it for a monthly $39.95 fee. What does it give you for this price? We’ll see right below:
- To store all the data on your website(s), they give you 165GB of SSD storage.
- To process every request quickly and efficiently, 2 CPU cores and 4GB of RAM are also included in the package.
- For 5000 daily visitors you also need a big bandwidth, which this plan gives you: 2 TB for bandwidth.
- 2 IP addresses are added in here too.
- Full root access with support for MySQL, PHP, Perl, Python and Ruby.
- VPS firewall and DDoS protection.
- Full customizability using cPanel for site management.
- 1-click installs for various web apps, like WordPress and other Content Management Systems (CMS). This is a handy option, since you use WordPress for your website.
- Automatic weekly backups made by the host to ensure your site is safe if anything happens.
As I said, this VPS plan is the most popular one in HostGator’s offering. You can look at the other 2 if you’d like to, but the Snappy 4000 should take care of all your needs.
Bluehost is one of the most notable players in the web hosting business. Millions of websites are hosted using one of their services. Just like many of its competitors, Bluehost also makes available many types of web hosting, the most popular being shared hosting.
But the VPS hosting from Bluehost is also very popular. To know why, we’ll take a look at what they offer. Just like our 2 other picks on this list, Bluehost also comes with 3 different plans for VPS hosting. The one that we’ll check out, is the second one called Enhanced.
This plan costs $29.99/month and lets you use everything that is needed to manage a website with around 5000 daily visitors. For instance, you get all the following perks:
- 60GB of SSD Storage space.
- 2 CPU cores with 4GB of available RAM to process all the requests on the server.
- They give you 2 TB of bandwidth to work with 5000 daily visitors at once.
- 1 free domain for a whole year is added in the package as well.
- 2 IP addresses.
- Free SSL certificate for securing your website.
- 24/7 support. The support from Bluehost is well-known for its efficiency and quickness. If this is something you must have, then Bluehost will not disappoint.
- 30-day money back guarantee.
Now that we reached the end of our article, you should have a good idea, on what type of hosting is best suited to work with 5000 daily visitors on a WP website.
The only step that remains, is for you to pick a VPS hosting plan from our list. No matter which one you choose, you shouldn’t fail. All 3 of our candidates are top-notch VPS hosts that are used by millions of people worldwide.