5 Best Cheap Hosting Under $3 / Month
Web Hosting. Choosing a suitable web host could be one of the toughest decisions you have to make when you’re done creating a website. There are many aspects that come into picking the right company. But one of the most notable ones, especially if you’re starting out, could be the price of the hosting package that you choose.
Luckily, you found this article. In here, we’ll take a look at 5 of the best hosting services that come for less than $3 / month. Yes, you’ve read that right. For less than $3 each month. There are quite some picks that we could put on this list, but we’ll focus on the 5 best companies out there:
- iPage – from $1.99 / mo
- HostGator – from $2.75 / mo
- Hostinger – from $1.75 / mo
- GreenGeeks – from $2.95 / mo
- NameCheap – from $2.88 / mo
In each case, we’ll take a look at the shared hosting plans they offer. These being the ones that come for a cheap price but are still good deals.
This host is an American company that has a lot of experience in this field. Differently, from most other web hosts, the shared hosting that iPage makes available comes in 1 single plan. Other companies let you choose between 2 and mostly 3 separate packages.
But iPage will give you everything that’s needed in this plan that comes for a monthly fee of $1.99. Let’s see what you get for such a low price:
- Free domain included in the plan.
- 30-day money back guarantees if you’re not satisfied.
- Free website builder tool.
- Free ad credits for marketing purposes.
- Support for e-commerce
- The possibility to host an unlimited number of sites in 1 single account.
- Unlimited SSD disk space, with scalable bandwidth and unlimited databases.
- 1-click WordPress installer.
- 24/7 support via phone and live chat.
- Free SSL certificate included.
As you can see, iPage has lots of features included in this plan for as low as $1.99/month. And I haven’t even listed them all. So, if you need a web host that is cheap and gives you lots of features for better site management than iPage could be a good choice.
If we’re talking about web hosting services that cost less than $3/month, we have to mention HostGator. They are a hosting company well-known for low prices. Their shared hosting plans can give you many features with enough resources to host websites efficiently.
The first shared hosting plan they offer comes for a monthly $2.75 fee. So, yes, it is less than $3/month. But what will you get for your money? Let me tell you:
- Support for 1 hosted website.
- Tens of applications available for installation with just 1 click: WordPress, Joomla, Magento, Drupal, and many other scripts and programs.
- Free SSL certificate in the box.
- Unlimited bandwidth and sub-domains.
- 99,9% uptime guarantee.
- 45-day money back guarantee
- Free ad credits for marketing your website on Google and Bing.
- Free site transfer, if you already own a website that is hosted with someone else.
- Free website builder with hundreds of free templates that are mobile friendly as a standard.
- Unlimited email accounts.
- 24/7 support.
- Hundreds of video and article tutorials on how to get your website up and running and noticed on the web.
All the features I just listed are available in the starter plan called the Hatchling Plan. The second and third plans from HostGator costs a bit more than $3, so I won’t talk about them here.
But this basic plan could be all you need if you want to get started with your new website. It gives you all the resources needed to manage a site efficiently and market it to a wide user base, thanks to the free ad credits included.
Hostinger is a European-based company that has grown to be one of the most notable players in the web hosting business in recent years. Not many companies can tell to have such low prices as Hostinger does. Let’s take a look at their offerings:
For start, they offer 3 separate shared hosting plans, just like most other candidates on this list. Two of them cost less than $3 each month, so we’ll cover those 2 options.
The first plan called Single Shared Hosting is best if you need hosting for 1 single website, and you’re just getting started, without too many daily visitors. This plan will give you 10 GB of SSD storage, support for 1 website, 1 MySQL database, 100 GB of bandwidth, free website builder platform, 24/7 support, 1 professional email account, custom-made control panel, free weekly backups, 1-click installer for lots of applications (WordPress included) and even GIT integration. This plan starts at $1.45 / month.
The second plan called Premium costs $2.95/month. It comes with the following features in the package: support for unlimited websites, unlimited SSD storage, and bandwidth, 2x processing power and RAM, free domain registration, unlimited email accounts and all the features from the previous plan.
Hostinger is known for its well-trained support team. If you’re starting out with your website and want a hosting company who cares a lot about its customers, then Hostinger is a good choice. They will answer you for any request within minutes and you’ll get an efficient answer for your possible issue.
GreenGeeks is a company who really takes the environment seriously. They use energy in a way that is not badly influencing the environment. But how are they managing to host websites? Many people are glad to use their services and happily recommend them to others as well. Why?
For instance, they come with many features that are available even in the first lowest tier shared hosting plan. Other companies, only let you use some of these options if you pay for a higher package.
The first shared hosting plan comes for a monthly $2.95. What are some of the features included? See below:
- Unlimited SSD disk space and bandwidth.
- Email accounts are also unlimited.
- You can host an unlimited number of websites in this plan.
- Free domain for a whole year.
- Free SSL certificate added too.
- Free modern website builder platform.
- Free site transfer.
- Nightly backups.
- Unlimited MySQL databases.
- CloudFlare CDN.
- Softaculous: this is a platform that lets you install hundreds of web applications with just a few clicks.
- Unlimited sub and parked domains
- 30-day money back guarantee.
- Unlimited amount of data transfer.
We could go on, but I think you get the point. GreenGeeks is offering a crazy good deal for a very low price.
NameCheap is a company who comes with many different services for web hosting. For example, you can use standard shared hosting (that we’ll talk about), VPS hosting, Dedicated hosting, Reseller hosting, Managed WordPress hosting, Email hosting, and other services too.
Now, let’s take a look at their shared hosting services. Just like many other companies, NameCheap also splits up this service into 3 separate plans. But the only one that fits our article’s subject is the first shared hosting plan. This is the only one that costs below $3/month. More exactly, it comes for $2.88/month. What are you getting for this price? We’ll see right now:
- 20 GB of storage space (SSD accelerated storage)
- Unmetered bandwidth.
- The possibility to host up to 3 websites in 1 single account. This is great considering that many other hosts don’t let you use this with the cheapest plan.
- Free website builder tool.
- The chance to choose between your data center (US or UK). This is a good opportunity to make your website work faster for your target audience.
- Simple WordPress installation.
- Free SSL certificate for a secure website.
- cPanel included as well.
- 24/7 support.
- 30-day money back guarantees if you’re not satisfied with the chosen hosting plan.
NameCheap is a great option for those people who are starting their first website and need a stable hosting provider with fairly many features for a low price. You get all that’s mandatory to manage your website easily and the chance to upgrade anytime if you outgrow a certain hosting plan.
Now that we reached the end of this article, you should have a better idea on which cheap web hosting service is best for you. We covered 5 of the best hosting companies with prices lower than $3 / month. To be able to choose the right one, just think about what you want to accomplish with your website.
The resources and features needed are proportional to your website’s size and traffic base. If you have a website that needs to be transferred from another company, then GreenGeeks could be a good choice. But if you’re just starting with a brand-new site, HostGator or Hostinger could be better.
The choice is yours to make.