How To Add A Search Bar in Wix
Search bars are a great way to improve the user experience of any website.
They give visitors an easy way to find content on your site and help them quickly locate what they are looking for.
Adding a search bar to a Wix website is a simple process, and with this guide, you’ll be able to set one up in no time.
Wix is known for making website building easy and accessible to everyone, regardless of design or coding knowledge.
Building websites in Wix can be simplified even more by adding features such as a search bar. This guide will walk you through the steps necessary to add a search bar to your Wix site.
Step-By-Step Guide To Installing A Search Bar In Wix
In order to install a search bar in Wix, you will need to follow these steps:
- Log into your Wix account and open the Editor.
- Select the page where you want the search bar to appear.
- Click the “+” icon on the left side to open the Add panel.
- Type “search” in the Add panel search field.
- Select “Search” from the options displayed.
- Drag and drop it onto your page.
That’s it! The search bar has now been added successfully to your page.
Adjusting The Look Of Your Search Bar
You can customize how your search bar looks by following these steps:
- Select your Search Bar on the Editor page.
- Click “Design” at the top of your screen.
- Adjust settings such as Text Color, Font Size, and Background Color as desired.
Once you’re happy with how your search bar looks, click “Done” at the bottom right of your screen and save changes.
Testing Your Search Bar
After you’ve added and customized your new search bar, it’s a good idea to test it out. To do this:
- Enter some keywords in the text box of the newly created search bar.
- Verify that results are returned as expected (clicking on results should take you to the expected pages).
If everything looks OK at this point, then congratulations – you’ve successfully added a search bar! If not, then let’s move on to troubleshooting some common issues…
Troubleshooting Common Issues
Some common issues experienced when adding a search bar include:
- No results being returned despite valid searches being entered;
- Results showing up but not going anywhere
If either of these occurs, try out these potential solutions:
- Make sure that all pages have unique titles – if they don’t then they could end up competing with each other in searches;
- Make sure that all page titles have relevant keywords associated with them;
- Make sure that all links associated with pages are working correctly;
- Check spelling mistakes (especially if searching using keywords);
- Try clearing cache or refreshing browser window/server if needed;
These tips should help resolve any issues encountered when setting up or using your new Wix site’s search box feature!
Adding a new feature such as a search box is easy in Wix thanks to its intuitive design tools and straightforward interface. With this guide, anyone should be able to easily set up their own customizable version in no time at all!
We hope this article has been informative and helpful in getting started with customizing yours today!