How to Add PDF to Wix
In this blog post, we will be explaining how to add a PDF to your Wix website.
Whether you are looking to upload a document from your computer, link an external PDF or even create a PDF using HTML/CSS in the Wix editor, this guide will take you through every step of the process.
PDF stands for Portable Document Format and is a popular file format that can be used for various purposes such as sharing documents and forms across multiple platforms.
Adding images and documents to Wix websites is simple, but adding PDFs can be quite tricky. With the right tools and knowledge, however, it is an easy process.
Does Wix Allow To Add PDFs?
Yes! You can easily add PDF files to your Wix website. You have the option of uploading them from your desktop computer or linking to an external source such as Dropbox or Google Drive.
You can also create a basic PDF with HTML/CSS in the Wix editor if you do not have any existing files.
Prerequisites For Adding PDF To Wix
Before you start adding the files, there are a few prerequisites that must be met:
- The file must be smaller than 50MB.
- It must be saved in either .pdf or .doc format.
- It must not include any copyrighted material.
- It must not contain any malicious content which may harm a user’s device when opened and/or downloaded.
Once you have met all these criteria, you are ready to start adding your files!
How To Upload A Pdf From Desktop
To upload a file from your desktop:
- Log into your Wix account and go to the page where you wish to add the file.
- Select “Add” on the left-hand menu and then choose “File” from the drop-down list that appears.
- Select “My Computer” from the options provided and locate your desired file on your device by clicking “Browse” at the bottom of the page.
- Once found, click “Open” at the bottom of the window and select “Upload Now” on the inner window that appears.
- The document should now appear on your page! You can move it around wherever it looks best by selecting it with your mouse & dragging it until it’s placed just right!
How To Link An External Pdf To Your Website
To link an external document:
- Select “Add” on the left-hand menu of your page’s editor then click “File” from among the options under the FILE tab.
- Choose either “From URL” (if linking directly), “Dropbox”, or “Google Drive”. Uploading from an external source will require additional verification steps set by those services (like logging into those services’ websites). Once verification is complete, select the URL for the document & upload it!
- If linking directly (From URL), simply copy & paste the URL address where the document lives into the box provided.
- Once all these steps are completed, hit the “Update & Save” button located at the very bottom of the page so changes take effect!
- Now visitors should see the document when they visit the site!
- For Dropbox & Google Drive users note that changes made externally will update automatically if linked correctly!
- For updated information regarding embedding documents please refer here.
NOTE: If using Dropbox remember uploaded documents still remain stored within the user account & accessible regardless if they were added to the website or not! So make sure to delete unnecessary copies generated during the integration process! Good luck!.
That’s all there is to know about how to add PDFs to your site using WIX. Let’s now cover some additional tips for success.
Additional Tips For Successfully Adding Pdfs To Wix
Here are some quick tips to make sure everything goes smoothly when adding pdfs: – Make sure all formatting is correct before uploading as some portions may not always show up correctly depending on browser settings.
- Use reliable (free) third-party hosting sources like Dropbox or Google Drive when possible instead uploading directly since they provide features like password protection & other security measures that come in handy in terms of keeping files safe for public access.
- If creating HTML CSS-based pdf try to keep the page size small by using tables instead of more complex layouts. This way download time decreases significantly, especially if downloading large numbers of pages!
In conclusion, adding pdfs onto a Wix website has never been easier with its easy drag-drop environment while giving users the option to upload directly from their computer via URL linking third-party sites like dropbox and google drive.
Also creating HTML based pdf solution provides additional advantages minimizing size and increasing the download speed process. By following this guide you should now have no trouble adding pdfs to Wix website. Feel free to ask questions or comments in the comment section below.