How to Add Facebook Pixel to Wix
Adding a Facebook Pixel to your Wix website is a powerful way to track your user’s behavior on your site and target them with ads based on their individual preferences.
The Facebook Pixel allows you to measure, optimize and build audiences for your ad campaigns.
This guide will explain how to easily create and install the Facebook Pixel on your Wix website in just a few steps.
What is Facebook Pixel & What it Does?
The Facebook Pixel is a piece of code that you add to the backend of your website. It acts as a tracking device by collecting data from visitors to your site and sending that information back to the Facebook Ads Manager.
This data allows you to see how visitors are interacting with different parts of your website, as well as track conversions from ads. With this data, you can:
- Make sure your ads are being seen by the right people.
- Track conversions accurately so you can measure ROI (return on investment).
- Create audiences for retargeting, so you can serve ads just to those who have already visited or interacted with your website.
- Optimize your campaigns to ensure they are driving the best results.
How To Create A Facebook Pixel
Before installing the pixel code in Wix, you need to create it first in the Ads Manager of Facebook:
- Log in to Ads Manager and select ‘Pixels’ from the Assets tab on the left-hand side of the page.
- Select ‘Create a Pixel’. Give it a name that describes what it will be tracking (e.g. “Wix Website Tracking”).
- Click ‘Create’ when done and head over to the install code page where you can get the pixel code by clicking ‘Set Up’ button on the next page.
Installing The Pixel Code In Wix
Once you have generated the pixel code, follow these steps:
- Log into your Wix account where you manage your website/s.
- Go into “Marketing Integrations” which should be located in either “Settings” or “Site Actions” (depending on which dashboard view you have selected) then select “Facebook Pixels” within the Marketing Integrations section (it could be located under “External Tracking” tab if not under “Marketing Integrations”) .
- Add/enter/create new pixel name/ID in “Pixel Name” field then paste generated code of Facebook pixel into “Pixel Code” field then click add button below & save settings when done!
Assigning The Pixel To Your Wix Website
- Go back into ‘Settings > Marketing Integrations > Pixels & Conversion Tracking >Facebook Pixels’. You should now see 2 columns – one for installed pixels and one for assignable pixels.
- Move any assignable pixels across from the left column (assignable) into the right column (installed). These will now be connected to that particular website. Select “Save” when done making changes!
Confirming Pixel Setup In Facebook Ads Manager
- Return back into Ads Manager > Assets > Pixels tab.
- You should now see newly created pixel listed here alongside other existing ones if there are any!
- Select the newly created Facebook pixel then check its status under the Actions dropdown menu(if its green colored active marker means everything worked fine otherwise try setup process again!).
Adding a Facebook Pixel helps tremendously with understanding customer behaviors, optimizing ad campaigns for maximum efficiency, and accurately measuring returns from investments made in those campaigns.
By following this guide, it’s now easier than ever to get started using this invaluable tool for tracking customers using Wix’s integrated tools!