As a musician, the best way to promote yourself is using the Internet, so creating a website with WordPress is a great way to promote yourself and your music. In this article I have collected some plugins and themes that might help you to set up your own music website quickly.
Also Read: How to Choose the Best Hosting for Musicians.
Plugins to Choose for your Music Site
There are multiple plugins recommended for a musician website created with WordPress:
- Events Manager can really help you to manage events and to publicize them on your website so your fans know where you have concerts. The plugin is flexible, reliable and powerful having features like even registration, bookings, event categories, Google Maps, advanced user roles, widgets and more. You can delete or approve submitted events by users, you can write a ticket for somebody using the Name, Phone, E-mail and comment fields, you can enable registration for an event, You can create locations with Google Map for an event and so on.
- JW Player 7 for WordPress is a self-hosted player so you need a JW Player account and then you need to use the License key from the JW Player dashboard on your musician website. You can use this plugin to publish videos using customized settings such as player position, player dimensions, skins, logo, and logo link, activate share and embed options.
- SoundCloud Is Gold is the perfect plugin where you can manage your SoundCloud tracks and you can even save multiple users, display latest or random track, create favorites, browse through tracks, live preview and so on. You have various options for the audio player.
- Easy Digital Downloads allows you to sell your tracks offering e-commerce solution and a lot of features like cart system, promotional code system, payment gateways, payment history, redownload system, bundled products, charts, data export, and additional functionality via extensions: EDD Bookings, ConvertKit, Stripe Payment Gateway, PayPal Pro and PayPal Express and so on.
- NextGEN Gallery is used for its powerful image galleries and you can manage and display galleries and images as you wish after different albums, templates, and other important options: watermark, thumbnails, slideshows and so on. It has a large community, comprehensive documentation and a high number of extensions for NextGEN Gallery.
- AddtoAny Share Buttons can help you, even more, to grow your fanbase by simply adding buttons on every page and article of our musician website to social networks like Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, but also to email networks like Gmail, Yahoo! Mail, AOL Mail, Outlook.com and other networks where visitors can share your content. AddtoAny offers the possibility to put where you want the buttons and it is mobile optimized.
- Testimonial Rotator offers the possibility to add testimonials from your clients and fans who participated at your concerts, parties or other events. You can add multiple rotators, vertical align testimonials and you have previous and next buttons, star ratings, author information field, pagination and so on.
Choosing a Musician WordPress Theme
There are several musician WordPress themes, most of them having included interesting plugins like event managers, carts or audio players.
- Soundboard is a special theme that costs $59 and it is created for solo artists but also for bands coming with different widgets such as latest pictures, newest album, latest videos, tour dates and so on. Soundboard already comes with JW Player and has a plugin that manages tour dates, there are also a Twitter and a Facebook button added to every post and you can add your own social profiles links in the footer. The theme has options such as custom skins, color, fonts, band logo, login logo, favicon, sliders, and fonts. There are 7-page templates: home, gallery events, tour dates, audio, video, contact and full width, 5 custom post types: slider, video, audio, gallery, tour dates and more features: 960 grid system, translation, and shortcodes.
- FWRD is a musician WordPress theme that costs $59 and has multiple templates, one made especially for a vocalist, one for a woman musician, one for a DJ and one for a band, all included with the page builder name Visual Composer, 13 widgets, drag and drop options, menu builder, 100 header design options, video background, Essential Grid plugin, events managers, audio player, WooCommerce, WPML, Slider Revolution, Retina HD. This theme has more than 5 plugins included and tens of other features their value together is more than $75 and it is perfect for a professional musician that knows what he wants.
- Decibel costs $59 and it is a premium musician theme with high design quality and it has a custom audio player, upcoming shows calendar, discography plugin, Visual Composer page builder plugin, WooCommerce, Slider Revolution, Demo data, MailChimp compatible, WPML, SEO optimized, W3 Total Cache compatible, photo albums, more than 500 icons, unlimited color options and retina ready. If you purchase this theme you get 6 months support from the developer.
- Vice is a cheap professional premium theme dedicated for a band, a DJ or a radio and it costs just $49 supporting radio stations, one page full-screen layout with multiple modules like content, photo gallery, video gallery, full-screen slider, events map, carousel, podcast, news, vertical icon menu with more than 100 icons and widgets. The theme has YouTube video background with ON and OFF buttons and different video for every page. Vice has a complex design that is transparent glass, retina ready, imageless, SVG and responsive with infinite color options, different palettes, and custom background image. This team has a canvas menu with multiple hierarchical levels menu, two logos, and social icons. Revolution Slider and Music player are just two of the plugins included, both having features like title, cover, artist information, volume control, invisible mode, hide and show button, easy slide creator and more.
- Lush is the ultimate musician WordPress theme ideal for different types of music such as jazz, rock, punk, opera and other types, that costs just $59 and it has unlimited style pages like Hipster, Awake, Solo, Spintable, Grenade, Outlaws, Rock, Classical and more. The theme has Visual Composer plugin that helps you to create pages easily, 3D Push Menu that has puss, rotate pusher and scale settings, WooCommerce for selling tracks, Gigs Manager plugin and Events Countdown. Additional, Lush has photo albums, audio player, and discography, together with a demo content easy to install and a Retina HD and responsive design.
As you can see, there are many solutions to build a professional musician website with WordPress, either with using some plugins, a free or premium theme with various features created special for music websites.
I would like to hear your opinion and share your opinion in the comment section below. If you have any recommendations for plugins or other professional themes, just let me know. Hope this tutorial will help all of you who are looking to develop a music website.