In this digital era, WordPress has emerged as one of the prominent Content Management System (CMS) that allows one to create intuitive and interactive websites. Indubitably, it is by far the best CMS as 50%-60% is WordPress’ share of the global CMS market, making it the most popular CMS of them all.
The word “entrepreneur” has been doing the buzz for a quite long time, isn’t it? And it has spawned a heed of people who want to jump on the bandwagon of the Internet realm. With so many opportunities to choose from, it is imperative, before initializing the development process, to have a website. So you want to build a website and is thinking of whether to go with existing HTML websites or with WordPress, then you are at the right place. In this article, you will get to know some fascinating facts about WordPress and the benefits of migrating your existing HTML website to WordPress.
What is WordPress?
WordPress is a Content Management System which allows you to manage your websites with ease. The fact that it is free and open-source make it the most sought-after website creation tool.
With so many options to choose from, WordPress is the ideal and the most popular because it powers nearly 26% of all websites on the Internet.
Stats that will blow your mind:
- 74,652,825 sitesare there on WordPress and it accounts for nearly 18.9% of all the websites in the self-hosted sites realm.
- WordPress related keywords score 37 million searches every month.
- WordPress has 46,842 plugins with 1,413,460,125 total downloads.
- Users produce about 4 million new posts with 44.8 million new comments each month.
- Over409 million people view more than 22.9 billion pages per month.
- 37 million global Google searches for “WordPress” are made per month.
Benefits of using WordPress:
WordPress offers enchanting themes, variegated range of plugins and other features that help you in building professional and personal websites for your business easily. A large number of enterprises are switching and migrating their existing websites to WordPress.
The following points will give you a deeper insight of the benefits of migrating sites to WordPress:
- Designing a WordPress site is easy: no longer you need a developer or a designer to make changes on your website, you can easily edit it yourself. Edit the website whenever you want the way you want. With time, websites need a makeover and designing a WordPress is easy. It is also a cost-effective method as you save the money being spent on developers and designers and can change the design whenever it is required.
- Ease of use: most of the budding entrepreneurs are looking for websites developed on WordPress because it is very user-friendly platform which enables the user to build or modify websites even if the user is not familiar with the coding technicalities. Whereas, in an HTML website, you need to log in to your server via FTTP to download the HTML code if you want to use it or edit it for your website. But in WordPress, it doesn’t require in-depth coding skills. Even a layman, with the basic of WordPress, can create optimized websites.
- Professional templates: worried about themes and templates to make you website create a good impression, then you need not worry as WordPress has thousands of ready-made templates and themes that you can easily use for your site. You can add images, blogs, pages and much more and all the themes and templates are free, they won’t cost you a penny and to top it, all the themes and templates have been designed by prominent developers, therefore, leaving no space for doubt about their Modus Operandi.
- A myriad range of WordPress plugins: WordPress has thousands of plugins and lets you add new features to the website with the help of plugins. Plugins help you introduce extra functionality to the site and that too without any coding. In a typical HTML website, if want to incorporate new functionality, then either you have to look for alternatives or in the worst case, you have to code it.
- Cheaper to build: as already mentioned, WordPress is a cost-effective method as it cuts down on a lot of things like it do away with the cost of outsourcing your website to designers and with the variety of themes and plugins it eradicates the significant amount of time for building a website.
- Search engine optimized: WordPress has colossal of SEO tools that you can use to make your website more optimized. SEO is the most important aspect of your website. Integration of SEO tools into the websites is what makes WordPress unique. You can optimize your HTML website, but for that, you need to be aware of all the SEO technicalities and it requires time. WordPress offers you feature that can help boost your online presence and be at the top of the search engines.
- Updates: WordPress has an upper hand over HTML when it comes to updates. As it is an open-source platform and is so user-friendly that even a person without having the knowledge of programming languages can create a website. With each update, it adds some new features and makes websites more appealing. Plenty of web hosts offers one-click WordPress installers.
- Flexibility: you can create any website on WordPress whether you want a personal blogging site or a business website or online communities, it has everything to cater to the diversified audience. You can easily create your website and extend it with numbers of plugins.
- Easy to redesign: it sometimes happens that due to some issues you have to develop a new website and the process of starting fresh is what keeps bugging you, but then with WordPress, the process of redesigning a website is easy. After migrating all your content into a database, you can design a new website with ease.
- Multilingual: don’t know any other language other than your native one, then don’t need to worry as WordPress is available in more than 70 languages. If you want to build a website in a language other than English, you can easily do that in few simple steps.
- Mobile responsive: you don’t have to develop a separate website for mobile users. One of the abilities of WordPress is that it recognizes whether the user is accessing your website through a mobile device or web browser and adjusts the website content accordingly.
The aforementioned benefits of WordPress cannot be overlooked as the advantages of developing a website on WordPress clearly outweigh your existing HTML website, therefore, organizations and enterprises are migrating their existing HTML website to WordPress. in the end, with all the features, WordPress comes out on top.